Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kids Camp 2009



What do you do with an overly energetic 8 year old that has a wonderful desire to learn to sew? The first thing I found is to keep her busy and hopefully the two hours will pass quickly.

First we did the usual which was a pillowcase. I thought the fabric selection would take at least 15 minutes, well, before I could turn around the selection had been made. Okay now what!!!! The speed with which she selected her fabric was unreal and not the least challenging to her. I know when she becomes a quilter the Quiltshop owners will love her because she knows what she wants.

Once the pillowcase was serged she wanted to embroidery her name. She loved watching the embroidering and then we made her brother a pillowcase.

Well, the rest of the week was fun and we got everything made and each item was a treasure to her.

Last night at church I saw a really cute little blonde girl from the back that had a darling purse and I wanted to get a closer look. When I got up closer I realized it was her and she had made the purse in shop. What a compliment to her and her work.

So if you have a young one, girl or boy, who wants to sew let them try because you never know what they can create.

Contributors